Jesus is Alive! He died for us. He lives for us.
Only our Savior, Jesus Christ, can overcome death and save our souls. This is the main thing that is the main thing.
- Mark 16:11 (NIV) When they heard that Jesus was alive and that she had seen him, they did not believe it.
- John 3:15 (NIV) that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.
- John 3:16 (NIV) For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- 1 Peter 3:21 (NIV) and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Believers have a Comforter, the Holy Spirit
Jesus didn't just leave us. He left us the Holy Spirit. This is like God living inside of us. We are His Temple.
- Acts 1:4-5 (NIV) On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”
- Acts 2:4 (NIV) All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
- I Corinthians 12:4-6 (NIV) There are different kind of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.
The Bible is the Word of God and is All Truth
The Bible is directly inspired by God. As God's holy word, it is the ultimate truth and the standard by which we live our lives.
- 2 Timothy 3:16 (NIV) All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
- Romans 15:4 (NIV) For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.
- John 1:1-5 (NIV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.